Sunday, March 01, 2015

No One's Laughing At God //

Recently some things have been going on that have made me sit back and think. It's so strange how one moment, things can be so so amazing that you feel invincible, and in the blink of an eye, you get the worst news of your life. I mean, it's insanity. It's crazy how quickly situations change, and just how deeply those changes affect the human mind. We stay up late worrying. We recount all the good things that happened, and replay them in our heads. When things get rough, we dwell in our own sorrows. We can often lose sight of things. "Things" like friends, family, and God. //

Sometimes, I just feel really really happy, and that's great. Happiness is the best emotion one can have. The problem isn't simply being happy, but it's taking things for granted because, I don't realize just how great things are. I've never really felt as though I've needed God as much as I do now. I've always been a Christian, always believed in a higher power, and gone to church every Sunday, but I would often forget to pray, or I'd just kind of shrug off the whole thing. I mean, I was happy. I didn't need to ask God for anything. So I didn't. Then all of a sudden, there were relationships and sexuality and drugs and death and other shitty things that come along with being a teenager. I ask God for help all the time. I feel weak. I want to give up my burdens, so I do.

I've realized that I've been treating God as nothing more than Santa Claus, or Jiminy Cricket, or a Fairy Godmother who I can just ask to give me things. I lean on God whenever things are going wrong, but for some reason when things are alright, I forget all about what it means to be a Christian. I'll make jokes about God. I'll deny my faith. And it's not okay. Ever.  //

I'm kind-of just having a lot of thoughts at the moment, and I'm not sure to word them in an eloquent way at all. I just feel such a sense of calm but also excitement at this revelation that I've come to. I want to continue growing in my spirituality, and so I guess this is sort of the start of a deeper path in life (?).

Things can go from 100 to 0 to 55 and back real quick, and that's just life. As long as God is in the center of it, there's nothing to worry about. //

~

And here's a song that kind of sparked my thoughts and will probably do a better job of conveying meaning than my mental hooplah on this blog:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pxRXP3w-sQ
     "No one's laughing at God in a hospital, 
      No one's laughing at God in a war, 
     No one's laughing at God when they're starving 
     or freezing or so very poor."

No comments:

Post a Comment

~ fashion, food, art, travel, & adventure ~

Contact

milla.barker.99@gmail.com