Saturday, July 25, 2015

Carpe Diem, Bitch //

Wowie wow wow. Where do I even begin? I rolled out of bed this morning around noon (which was a much needed moment of self-love), and as soon as I woke up, I immediately began getting ready for what (little did I know) was going to be one of the most beautiful days I've ever experienced. //

Last night, my dad showed me this cool place he had found online, at which point we decided we should visit as soon as possible (just so you know, ASAP means the next day for us). So, I woke up this afternoon knowing that just as soon as I was done getting ready, we'd head out for Restoration Resources. Even though we didn't buy anything today, everything there is so unique and would be quite the addition to any home, so we do plan on going back. Plus, you can rent props from there, AND they have areas that you can rent for photography projects (Fall 2015 collection shoot? I think yes). I brought my camera and got some great shots there, and also on the ride home, so it was a successful trip. My sister then suggested we go to Blue Hills to see if we can spot any deer and/or take photographs of the Boston skyline. We decided it'd be best if we waited til dusk to do that, so we returned home for a bit. //

Next came the "low point" of my day (which truth be told wasn't even low at all). I sat in my room for a while, scrolling through the "astrology" tag on tumblr. I then realized that I want to be a productive human being, and that scrolling through such tags did not really fit the category of "productive." So, I googled a list of things to do when you're bored, and saw "CLEAN, it'll make you feel good." I didn't think that cleaning would make me feel good, but my room was a mess so I decided to do it anyway. I was pleasantly surprised at how energized and refreshed the cleaned room made me feel. My room is so pretty right now ahhhh! *insert heart eyes emoji*
While all this was happening, my dad was making us dinner (spaghetti w/ marinara sauce and garlic bread). I went down and ate, and then we all got ready to head out. //

Unfortunately, we didn't see any deer tonight, but the scenery and fresh air was enough to satisfy me. There's something about being in the stillness of nature that I have always loved, and getting to feel that today was a wonderful treat for my soul. We sat on this little brick wall for about a half hour, and then realized that we were all hungry af. We returned home, but only to go to the Clam Box, which is a little seafood place on the shore near where we live. We just got little appetizer things, like fries and mozzarella sticks.
I thought that the night was going to be over here, but on our way home, my dad asked "Do you guys want to go home or just take a drive?" Obviously, my sister and I wanted to take a ride around, so we just drove. There was no destination in mind. We cranked up the radio (which was playing classical piano pieces-- no hate plz it's very relaxing). I had no idea where we were, but there was a beach, and the sunset looked gorgeous over the water. So we got out, and my sister and I took photos of each other and the beach. We waded in the water. The water was warm. The waves were slow. You could feel the salt in the air. I loved the feeling of the sand between my toes. Everything was so simple. Everything felt so right. //

Finally, we realized it was almost 9:00, so we decided it'd be best to get home soon. We loaded ourselves into the car, and got less than a mile when my dad and I decided now would be a great time for coffee. We pulled over to the nearest Dunkin' Donuts (because Boston, ya know?) I got a small hot french vanilla coffee with skim milk, because it was getting kind of chilly outside, which most people would be upset about. But I love the cold. I like it when I get to wear sweaters and cute fuzzy socks. The crisp, cool air reminded me that fall is on it's way, putting a smile on my face. Though the ride home was silent between us all, I could feel the happiness of my family filling our entire car.

I am currently listening to the Dirty Dancing soundtrack on my record player, and reminiscing on the wonderful day I had, and all of the positive vibes that go along with it. I'm really happy right now. I seized the day, and made it something wonderful for myself. Carpe diem, bitch. //

pisces // dream house includes columns & potted plants
pisces // addicted to fairy lights & chocolate



























No comments:

Post a Comment

~ fashion, food, art, travel, & adventure ~

Contact

milla.barker.99@gmail.com