Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Yoga & Yogurt//

peace. calm. serenity. relaxation. self-love. a sense of "oneness." playing it by ear. listening to yourself. seeing where the day takes you. turning a day of no motivation and a lack of inspiration into a night of focus and hard work. //

This is, in simple words and phrases, how I would describe this Wednesday. First and foremost, I set my alarm for 6, but accidentally overslept til noon (oops). I then decided to make my bed, eat lunch, and get a coffee to kick start ny day. I was attempting to motivate myself to complete more of the history assignment looming over my head before school starts up again. //

Though my spirit was high and my body was ready, my mind had a very different idea of how the day would unfold. My wandering head made it incredibly difficult to just sit down and read, despite the facr that I knew I needed to. Instead, I spent the afternoon working on some sewing & designing projects. 
Which, it turns out, 
was not a bad thing. 

I ended up getting a lot of work done, even though it was not in the area I had intended it to be. If I hadn't been listening to my mind today and cultivating the creative energies, I could have missed out on some pretty great moments of inspiration. I would have been forcing myself to do something when I knew and felt as though I should be taking adva tage of this sudden creative inspiration. I'm so so beyond glad I did this for myself. 

Much to my happiness, listening to my body, mind, and spirit during the day led to more beautiful things in the evening. I went to a yoga session for the first time in literally over 6 months. I can't remember the last time I felt so still, and content with myself and my current life. The energy from the yogic meditation carries into the rest of my day, and even into tomorrow when I wake up. I feel at peace with myself, the Earth, and God. I feel okay for once. 

And I guess thats my reason for writing this. I want to let you know that it's okay to have those "unmotivated," "sleep-in-til-noon" types of days. It's important to listen to all 3 elements of yourself (body, mind, and spirit) everyday, and to do what feels right to you. As I sit here in my bath of lush bathbombs and lavender candles, I wish you all the utmost love and positivity, wherever you may be. Life can be beautiful once you learn to take the time to focus on your lovely self. //

Namasté. xx






PS sorry for the low-quality photos-- they're all from my phone 💗

No comments:

Post a Comment

~ fashion, food, art, travel, & adventure ~

Contact

milla.barker.99@gmail.com