Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Confident New Yorker Look //

Ya girl is super happy, as her 5th day in NYC comes to a close! //

Yesterday was really great, including a visit to the New York Transit Museum, and a college tour of Pratt Institute. The museum is definitely an underrated hidden gem. The upstairs portion features an abundance of information on the NYC public transportation system, and how they deal with various disasters. Specifically, the 9/11 attacks, hurricane Irene, and various others. Although the train systems are not something I'm specifically interested in, the museum was overall still very interesting and highly enjoyable. Downstairs, there was a collection of old train cars from various eras, from the 1910s to 1990s. I took some 60-s inspired photos, which you can see on my VSCO: http://vsco.co/ladyclairvoyant //
Today consisted of a Times Square trip: lots of shopping, and seeing Something Rotten! on Broadway. We took the subway in, and I am pleased to say that over the last 5 days, I have become quite comfortable with finding my way through the city. I'm basically a New Yorker now, properly equipped to survive in the concrete jungle. (Yay!)

The show was hilarious, and I actually cried from laughing so hard (and also bc Christian Borle) (Like, he actually walked across the stage for a solid 5 seconds at the beginning of the show and I started crying). But anyway, the whole show is a ridiculous musical talking about how ridiculous musicals are. The songs are great, the costumes are amazing, and the show is overall great, and I would totally recommend that you get yourself some tickets if you want to laugh a lot.
Unfortunately, when I went to stagedoor afterward, only a few actors came out. Many didn't want to leave in between shows, which is understandable, but disappointing. I wanted to meet Christian Borle & Brian D'Arcy James REALLY BADLY. Thankfully, my dad is a G and is taking me back to stagedoor after their 8 pm show! :) // 

Of course, my whole trip(life) has been focused on fashion, and so I am here to share my outfit of the day with y'all! I wanted to mix rather heavy, "masculine" pieces (overalls, workboots) with lighter and brighter "feminine" pieces (kimono, bralette), to create a "strong woman" type look. I felt really confident and empowered today, so my outfit features many patterns and colors (and a lot of skin). //






WHERE TO SHOP THIS LOOK: 
Overalls- Marshall's
Kimono- Charlotte Russe
Bralette- Forever 21
Boots- Boohoo
Choker- Brandy Melville
Necklace (which accidentally fell under my overalls)- Snowflake (boutique)

Nail color: 'Licorice' from Essie




No comments:

Post a Comment

~ fashion, food, art, travel, & adventure ~

Contact

milla.barker.99@gmail.com