Sunday, February 14, 2016

NYFW //

Ok ok so I'm not actually attending New York Fashion Week, but I totally deserve to. I've been keeping up with everything on snapchat & instagram, and I've been soaking in the atmosphere of the city right now.
New York City is wonderful, and I am loving every minute of it. The primary reason for this trip is so that I can make some college visits (specifically to FIT, Parsons, and Pratt). This time around, my family and I are staying in the apartment of some friends, and we have attempted to use the subway and bus services to travel around. Although we only arrived yesterday, I have already filled up my entire phone memory with photos, spent over $70, and have gone out to eat 3 times. someonepleasestopme. //

Today, we took a visit to the beautiful Metropolitan Museum of Art, where there was a special exhibit about Countess Jacqueline de Ribes and her couture fashion designs, which were absolutely stunning. Ribes, though later in her career was a known designer, worked under the instruction of Valentino, Armani, and many others for quite sometime. Born in France, she has designed for the "Bal Oriental," the peak of aristocratic beauty in Paris. I learned so many new things, and this exhibit was definitely my favorite. Fashion is what I live for. It's more than just waking up in the morning and putting on clothes. Fashion is art. It is self-expression; my clothes say something about myself in a way that is completely unique and individualized. The way I dress is an act of me owning who I am and what I like and how I feel and how I want to come across. Fashion tells stories. Fashion is a part of history. Fashion is personal; fashion is collective. Don't ever tell me that fashion is petty & that it doesn't matter. Because I live it & breathe it. //

Naturally, I took a million and one photos, and I will choose my favorites to post here. Also, be ready for many more NYC-related posts within the next week! I'll have so many adventures to share. //








No comments:

Post a Comment

~ fashion, food, art, travel, & adventure ~

Contact

milla.barker.99@gmail.com